Avoiding the Next Crash & Investing in the Next Boom
In January 2012 I told people on MarketWatch not to miss the upside coming in American stocks, especially energy stocks, most of which doubled and tripled within two-and-a-half years. By June of 2014, again on MarketWatch, I told people to sell their oil and gas stocks, most of which were cut in half by December 2014.
Today, I am telling people that the next few years are lining up for some very negative events in parts of the world that will effect your portfolio. In my special report “The Two Most Important Trades You’ll Ever Make — Avoiding the Next Crash & Investing in the Next Boom” I discuss how to protect yourself and how to preserve your lifestyle.
Director of Financial Planning
Seeking Certified Financial Planner to manage financial planning needs of firm clients.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to break away from industry dogma
- Percentage of firm revenue, in addition to.
- Fee revenue from your transferred book of business (if you are currently a registered representative, we will help you convert your business to fee-only and offer a very above industry standard split of fees.)
- Chance to earn a share of firm ownership.
Paid Intern / Junior Equity Analyst
- Finance and/or economics background
- Strong math skills and computer skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Hours are two or three half days per week — flexible.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ability to prioritize and emotional stability
The person hired will perform investment research for the firm and investment publications I contribute to or am publishing. Intern will receive attribution/credit on publications. There is an opportunity for the right candidate to become nationally published and for full-time employment in the future. Pay is based on a per piece of research completed. Will work with your school to get your college credit.
Reading List for All Members of Firm:
Prior to interviewing
Liar’s Poker (Lewis), Intelligent Investor (Graham & Dodd)
Prior to working
The Big Short (Lewis), Beating the Street (Lynch), Common Stocks for Uncommon Profits (Fisher)
Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World (Ahamed), This Time is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly (Rienhart & Rogoff), Manias, Panics and Crashes: A History of Financial Crises, Sixth Edition (Kindleberger & Aliber), The Alchemy of Finance (Soros), The Crash of 2008 and What it Means (Soros)
There are more of course, but these ten will get you through a summer or a semester. Even if you don’t come to work with Bluemound, you should read the listed books if you plan to be in finance. Contact Kirk directly for further details of this position and its potential.